Our attorneys fight for injury victims' rights
Bus accidents in Southern California can be very serious - and very complicated. Often, many people sustain multiple injuries. The bus company's headquarters might even be located in another state, especially if the accident involved a private charter bus.
Or in the case of accidents involving school buses or municipal buses operated by the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority or another government agency, you might have a hard time tracking down the person you need to contact to find out how you will be compensated for your crash.
You don't have to deal with your bus accident on your own. We can help. At Ardalan & Associates, our experienced Woodland Hills bus accident lawyers know exactly what to do - and how to hold bus drivers and bus companies accountable for their actions.
Why do bus accidents happen?
Bus accidents happen for many different reasons. Some of the most common causes include:
- Hazardous weather conditions - Rain, ice or snow can quickly make roads very dangerous. Bus drivers need to adjust to changing driving conditions. Otherwise, they can cause serious accidents.
- Speeding - Highway bus accidents often involve speeding buses. That's why it's important that bus drivers follow the posted speed limit and avoid putting passengers in danger.
- Reckless driving - Many bus drivers cause accidents because they're not operating the bus in a safe, responsible manner. Weaving in and out of traffic, tailgating and failing to signal before turning or changing lanes are just some examples of reckless bus driving.
- Distracted driving - Federal law prohibits bus drivers from texting while driving or operating a hand-held cellphone. That's because distracted bus drivers can easily cause serious accidents. Other ways bus drivers can be distracted - operating a GPS device, talking to a bus dispatcher or eating while driving.
- Tired driving - Bus drivers sometimes fall asleep at the wheel. This is especially common on long bus rides on charter buses or private buses traveling across the state or country.
- Drunk driving - Drunk bus drivers put everyone's lives on the road at risk. If you were involved in an accident caused by a drunk bus driver, our law firm can take aggressive legal action to make sure you receive the compensation you rightfully deserve.
Bus accidents are rarely accidents. In most cases, the bus driver did something to cause a collision. That's why it's critical that you take strong legal action right away. That's why we want to meet with you for a free case evaluation.
How a lawyer can help you
In any accident, it's important to take legal action as soon as possible afterwards. This is especially true when it comes to bus accidents. The evidence needed to build a strong case needs to be collected before it's accidently or intentionally destroyed. Witnesses' memories can fade as well over time. As your attorney, we can take the following actions to build the strongest possible legal case:
- Investigate bus company - Do they have a history of similar accidents?
- Interview witnesses - We can track them down and find out what they know.
- Analyze accident report - We know what details to look for to build a successful case.
- Consult with experts - Our legal team has a network of experts we rely on.
- Negotiate with insurance company - We're not afraid to ask for the money you rightfully deserve for your injuries.
- File a lawsuit on your behalf - If bus company or their insurance provider won't cooperate, we're prepared to take them to court.
Allow us to be your advocate. Contact Ardalan & Associates and schedule your free case evaluation. Results matter here.