An Attorney Can Help You Recover from the Responsible Driver
Passengers have almost no control over the outcome of a car accident, yet they’re often left with difficult medical and legal battles. If you were injured as a passenger, you may be dealing with medical bills, lost wages, and other significant expenses. What’s worse is that the driver responsible may well be a friend or colleague.
You need an experienced, passionate, and creative passenger injury attorney to help you through this difficult time. You need Ardalan & Associates. We’re adept at dealing with insurance companies and moving your claim forward so that you can focus on getting better. Our team has decades of experience handling passenger injury claims and getting maximum compensation for our clients. We know the laws, we know the process, and we will fight tirelessly for you.
Common Injuries After a Car Accident
The sudden impact of a collision often results in significant injuries to passengers. Common car accident injuries include:
- Whiplash: This neck injury occurs when the head is jolted back and forth. It can cause lasting pain, stiffness, and mobility issues.
- Broken bones: Fractures most often occur in the ribs, arms, legs, and wrists as passengers are jostled violently by the crash forces.
- Traumatic brain injuries: A blow to the head or violent shaking of the brain against the skull can cause a TBI. This is a very serious injury that can have life-altering consequences.
- Back and spinal cord injuries: The spine can be damaged by blunt force trauma, potentially resulting in chronic pain, paralysis, or disability.
- Internal organ damage: Penetrating trauma from impact can damage organs like the lungs, liver, kidneys, and spleen.
Passengers are Rarely at Fault, but the Legal Battle Can be Challenging
Under California law, passengers are rarely liable for accidents. Unless you did something deliberately to distract or disrupt the driver, you should be entitled to compensation, as your injuries were caused by a motorist’s recklessness rather than your actions.
However, that doesn’t mean getting that compensation will be easy. Depending on the circumstances, the person at fault may be the driver of another vehicle, an Uber or Lyft driver, or it may be the driver of the vehicle you were in. This can lead to challenging cases because the person responsible for your injuries is also a friend, colleague or family member.
We’ll Deal With the Insurance Company and Help You Preserve Relationships
Remember, when you file an insurance claim or even a lawsuit after an accident caused by a friend, you aren’t trying to take your friend’s money. You’re asking their insurance company to pay out the benefits that they are paid to provide. That’s why it’s so important to get a lawyer from our firm on your side. After you contact us, negotiations will proceed between your attorney and the responsible driver’s insurance company, which means you can get the compensation you need without threatening your relationship.
We know you may be reluctant to take legal action after a passenger injury, especially if you know the driver responsible. We understand. That’s why we’d like to meet with you for a free consultation – no obligation, just a chance to learn about your legal rights from a dedicated Woodland Hills passenger injury lawyer. Call (888) 259-5861 to find out how we can help you.