Should I call the police after my truck accident?

Yes. Accidents involving commercial trucks can be very serious. By having a police officer investigate your accident, you will have an official accident report documenting exactly what happened. Police accident reports can be critical pieces of evidence after an accident. Insurance companies often use these reports when determining whether or how much to compensate injury victims. Make sure you receive the money you deserve. Contact the police and contact us.

Should I move my vehicle after my truck accident?

If possible, leave your vehicle exactly where it is after your accident. But only do so if your vehicle does not block traffic. If you and the truck driver do need to move your vehicles after your accident for safety reasons, make sure you take photographs of the accident scene. That way, you will have evidence of exactly what happened, just in case the truck driver or anyone else tries to claim you caused your crash.

What information should I get from the truck driver?

Make sure you obtain the following information from the truck driver who caused your crash:

  • Driver’s name
  • Home address
  • Home phone number
  • Driver’s license number
  • Insurance company
  • Insurance policy number
  • Name of trucking company driver works for, if applicable
  • Trucking company address
  • Trucking company phone number

What else should I do at the scene of my truck accident?

Along with calling the police, taking photos of the accident and getting the above information from the truck driver, we recommend taking the following steps:

  • See a doctor – Even if you feel fine, have a medical professional examine you as soon as possible after your accident.
  • Talk to witnesses – If someone saw something, get their full name, address and phone number and ask them to describe exactly what happened.
  • Take more photos – Along with the accident scene, take photographs of any nearby street signs, traffic lights, skid marks on the road. Every detail matters.
  • Contact us – Our experienced Woodland Hills, CA truck accident attorneys can help you every step of the way after your accident.

Should I see a doctor if I’m not hurt after my truck accident?

Yes. You could have a life-threatening injury and not even realize it until a medical professional examines you. Don’t try to diagnose yourself. Leave it to the professionals. And even if an EMT or someone else at the scene of the accident said you’re fine, schedule a follow-up appointment with your doctor. Sometimes, serious injuries like whiplash or a traumatic brain injury (TBI) take several days to reveal themselves.

Do different laws apply to truck accidents?

Yes. Many state and federal laws only apply to commercial truck drivers, especially drivers who operate vehicles that weigh more than 10,000 pounds. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), U.S. Department of Transportation and State of California all have laws that apply for commercial truck accidents. Our attorneys understand those laws and know how to use them to help get our clients the compensation they need.

Who investigates truck accidents in California?

Depending the circumstances and location of your accident, the official police investigation could be handled by local police, California Highway Patrol, National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) or another government agency. But don’t just rely on them. Make sure you contact our law firm so we can conduct our own independent investigation of your accident.

What should I do if I can’t reach the trucking company after my truck accident?

Trucking companies can be notoriously hard to track down after a truck accident. Even if you do know the phone number or other contact information for the trucking company, they might be avoiding your phone calls or emails. If you encounter any resistance from the trucking company, contact our law firm immediately. We know how to track them down and hold them legally accountable for their actions.

Who will pay for my truck accident?

The answer to this seemingly simple question can often be very complicated. Depending on the circumstances of your truck accident, you could receive compensation from:

  • Truck driver’s insurance company
  • Trucking company that employs truck driver
  • Truck manufacturer (if there’s a defect with truck)
  • Company that loaded truck (if the truck was loaded improperly)
  • Another company (many businesses may be involved in a truck accident)

Should I accept a settlement offer for my truck accident?

Always talk to an attorney before you agree to accept any money for your truck accident. What might seem like a reasonable offer at first might not even come close to covering the true cost of your truck accident. That’s why it’s always smart to talk to a lawyer before you sign anything and agree to accept a settlement offer. In many cases, if you accept a settlement offer, you could forfeit the right to ask for more money in the future for your accident.

Can I negotiate for more money for my truck accident?

Yes. Trucking companies and insurance providers don’t want accident victims to know that they have the right to demand more money after their accidents. Instead, they hope that injury victims will simply take whatever financial settlement they’re offered. But the reality is you can – and should – negotiate for additional money after your truck accident. That’s because most truck accidents turn out to be far more expensive than many people expect.

The financial impact of a truck accident can last years or even someone’s entire life. Don’t take chances with your future. Contact Ardalan & Associates. We can negotiate for you after your truck accident and make sure you get the compensation you need to be made whole again.

Should I file a truck accident lawsuit?

Perhaps. Sometimes a lawsuit might be the best way to get the money you deserve for your truck accident. But many other legal options also exist. That’s why it’s critical that you talk with a lawyer at our firm to explore all the options available to you.

How can a lawyer help me after my truck accident?

After a truck accident, you only have one opportunity to obtain all the money you will need for the rest of your life for your truck accident. This includes your medical bills, lost income and lost future income due to your injuries. That’s why it’s critical that you have an experienced attorney on your side, fighting for the compensation you deserve after your crash.

At Ardalan & Associates, we aggressively pursue compensation for all of our clients. We also understand that these cases are about more than just money. They’re about holding negligent parties accountable for their actions. If someone did something to cause your crash, we will take every action within the bounds of the law to hold them responsible.

Should I take legal action after my truck accident?”

“Who will pay all my expenses associated with my accident?”

“Should I hire an attorney?”

These are just some of the questions we often hear from people involved in accidents in Southern California caused by commercial truck drivers. That’s why our experienced Woodland Hills truck accident lawyers at Ardalan & Associates put together this list of some of the most frequently asked questions. But even if you see your specific question listed below, contact us. Every accident is unique. And so is our approach to helping accident victims and holding trucking companies accountable.